Partner Marketing Manager
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About the Team:
Global Partner Marketing are a team of experienced leaders across London, San Mateo and Tokyo with a strategic and creative mindset whose mission is to establish, build and maintain positive relationships with third-party publishers and developers by understanding their portfolio, evangelising their products and delivering best-in-class marketing. We develop marketing strategies and business opportunities to innovate and integrate third-party experiences with our brand to build long-term value.
As a Partner Marketing Manager, you are a pioneer within Third Party Relations, responsible for building marketing plans for your assigned third-party games as well as assisting the Global Partner Marketing Manager across the key above the line (ATL) third party partnerships.
The role encompasses marketing strategy, go-to-market planning, and cross-functional communication, with a key focus on data-driven decision making and lifecycle management to generate awareness as well as drive revenue and growth for your assigned titles. In this key position within the Global Partner Marketing team, you will enjoy a creative, challenging, and collaborative environment where your ideas will be as valued as much as your capacity to get things done.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to and help build the global marketing strategy and plans led by the Global Partner Marketing Manager for the allocated ATL third party partnerships. Collaborate with Account Management, Platform Marketing, Store & Services and media teams to gain alignment on the global strategy and plans (with oversight from the Global Partner Marketing Manager).
- Work closely with the consumer insights, analytics, and measurement teams to understand trends, market insight and segmentation for SIE to have input on global marketing strategy and plans.
- Build and execute the global consumer engagement and acquisition strategy for lifecycle management for your allocated titles. This includes refining segmentation, messaging frameworks, testing & optimisation plans, and measurements for success.
- Partner with Account Management to track and communicate performance of priority titles with measurable analytics and provide campaign management and marketing strategy recommendations to improve performance.
- Track competitive activities (platform, publisher, title) to understand changing market dynamics to influence regional and global campaigns.
- Develop, gain internal and publisher alignment, and execute on go-to-market plans across owned and operated channels for your allocation of titles.
- Track, create and present incremental ATL and BTL marketing support recaps for partnerships and portfolio titles to demonstrate the value of PlayStation with learnings and recommendations to analyse effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Facilitate discussions and planning for contractual marketing commitments including communication, reviewing creative, ensuring PlayStation advantage integration meets standards and leading all BTL activities from beginning to end.
- Work with the Global Partner Marketing Manager as well as media, hardware marketing and retail marketing teams to review and track ATL and co-marketing activations for partnership and portfolio titles.
- Act as the trusted point of contact for your assigned publishers by both advocating their titles internally at SIE as well as evangelising the PlayStation brand and platform to your publishers.
- Build positive relationships with internal cross functional teams as well as our external publishing partners to help both sets of stakeholders succeed and achieve their objectives.
- Deliver presentations at internal summits and training events in front of key leaders and executives when the Global Partner Marketing Manager cannot be present.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4-6 years of Brand, Product or Partner Marketing experience within gaming or top entertainment companies preferred.
- Educated to degree level is preferred.
- Experience of working in a global or central marketing team is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Ability to influence teams and individuals (both internally and externally) as well as effectively leverage and utilise resources and relationships for optimal results.
- Ability to identify global and local opportunities based on analysis, market conditions and a complete understanding of both SIE and account objectives and plans.
- Have generalist marketing knowledge with cross channel marketing experience across paid media, web, CRM, social media, and retail.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Very organised with attention to detail, can prioritise a varied workload and successfully manage multiple deadlines with a busy schedule across time zones.
- An interest in, and knowledge of, video games is essential.
- Highly computer, social media and technology literate including proficiency in MS Office and G Suite.
- Are a collaborative team player and a creative problem solver.
- Approach everyday situations with critical thinking
- Are adept at building long-lasting working relationships, both internally and particularly externally.
- Are confident and articulate for public speaking and presenting.
- Take personal accountability for your track record of delivery.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and frequently contribute to the development of new theories and methods.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.