This job might no longer be available.
Partner Manager, Developer & Creator Relations
Plantation, FL, United States
6 months ago
As a Partner Manager, Developer Relations, you will identify, curate and cultivate key developer relationships which support Magic Leap’s third-party content ecosystem. This includes initial outreach, onboarding and management of 1:1 relationships with third-party developer partners. You will handle multiple partnerships and manage projects across a variety of product verticals to serve Consumer and Enterprise customers (example categories include interactive entertainment, location-based experiences, productivity, healthcare, AEC, automotive and industrial applications). You must have a strong passion for XR and an innate ability to recognize standout developers with the skill and fortitude to create exemplary spatial computing experiences for Magic Leap’s platform.
* Roles available in the following office locations as listed.*San Francisco, Culver City, or Sunnyvale, CaliforniaSeattle, WashingtonAustin, TexasPlantation, Florida
- Establish, cultivate and manage long term, mutually beneficial 1:1 relationships with developers. Guide and support their efforts to bring exemplary content, applications and experiences to Magic Leap.
- Build deep knowledge of the company's technology/products/services so as to articulate how they enable developers.
- Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally within the company to improve our overall developer platform, products and services.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in technology and product design to guide and support partners’ development efforts.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Business Development, Sales and Marketing to identify, prioritize and engage with 3rd parties, including developers and middleware/technology providers.
- Identify new opportunities for strategic developer partnerships and aid in due diligence to determine near, mid, far-term potential for Magic Leap’s customers.
- Responsible for project oversight and risk management of full product life-cycle for a portfolio of third party applications funded by Magic Leap.
- Grow and maintain a network of developer contacts in the growing spatial computing industry.
- Participate in and help to facilitate Magic Leap’s engagement in developer industry events.
- 5+ years in related field(s) (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development) managing partner relationships, product management, or similar experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Hardware, Software, Product, Legal, Business Development, Sales & Marketing.
- Proven ability to recognize industry trends, develop an understanding of long-term implications, and deliver recommended strategies for new opportunities to expand Magic Leap’s third-party content ecosystem
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong product management and problem-solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Impeccable communication skills: the ability to develop strong rapport and credibility both externally with developer partners and internally across the organization, resolve conflicts and promote ideas persuasively
- Comfort with and eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems
- Solid understanding of and experience with VR/AR product development in one or more of the following content verticals: interactive entertainment, location-based experiences, productivity, healthcare, AEC, automotive, industrial software applications. Ability to ramp-up quickly on new content verticals
- Strong technical acumen. Understanding of the VR/AR development process and ability to articulate challenges and source solutions for partner developers.
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others.
- Ability to travel 35%
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.