3 months ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games, such as Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, NBA 2K, and Sid Meier's Civilization. The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, working directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to build the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and standard methodologies. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises!
The Role Defined:
A Partner Engineer on the D2C team will apply engineering skills and business savvy to solve challenges in game development. You will support game developers at internal and third-party studios to integrate a broad range of platform services built by the Take-Two Gaming Platform team. You will serve as the eyes and ears of the D2C organization, listening to game teams’ goals and challenges and bringing that information back to the rest of the organization.
As a member of the D2C Partner Engineering team, you will work directly with outstanding engineers, product managers, and development partners at game studios to make sure we are not making them choose between meeting deadlines and integrating with our platform. Your communication and problem-solving skills will be vital in the success of our product, which rests heavily on our relationship with the game studios.
- Deeply understand the Take-Two Gaming Platform tech stack and its underlying implementation
- Work closely with game teams and labels to integrate with our gaming platform, answering support questions, writing reference implementations, and supporting their development
- Research and propose solutions to problems across a broad range of topics, such as SDK and API design, performance optimization, service integration, and more
- Adapt platform solutions to the needs of game studios in real time, matching efforts to help them hit demanding deadlines when necessary
- Work closely with fellow engineers and team members, and maintain a strong professional relationship based on communication, respect, and trust
- Mentor more junior engineers, share knowledge with your peers, and contribute to the team’s culture of excellence and openness
- 5+ years of professional experience, focused in commercial desktop applications and/or game development
- Experience in modern C/C++, especially relating to game development, API/SDK design, and client-server applications
- Strong debugging skills, and the ability to quickly chart a path from bug report to viable solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills, along with the ability to offer solutions without over promising
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing and adapting to the needs of the team and leadership adeptly
- Ability to skill-share and mentor junior members of the team, helping to grow the overall capabilities of the team
- Experience with frameworks that employ web technology in application design, such as CEF
- Experience developing games, either independently or professionally
- A presence in the development community (Stack Overflow, open source projects, conferences, blogging, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Git, CI/CD, testing, and build automation best practices
- A passion for performance and providing phenomenal end user experience
- A history of self-motivation and self-improvement throughout your career
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.