6 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Paralegal to join our growing Legal team. As a paralegal at Wizards, you will support Wizards attorneys and business professionals. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and effectively deal with a variety of legal issues related to the design, development, licensing, marketing and advertising of Wizards games; specifically product development, advertising law, consumer product disclosures, internet sales laws, and international content regulations. This position works closely with all members of the Wizards Legal & Investigations team and communicates regularly with internal business partners and outside parties. Good interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, proactive and entrepreneurial attitude, passion, and a sense of humor are crucial.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal support for Wizards franchise, licensing, marketing, sales, and creative teams.
- Work on a broad range of legal-related matters including intellectual property, licensing, contract interpretation, advertising, promotions, social media, ecommerce, digital publishing, and regulatory compliance.
- Review and advise on product packaging and all manner of advertising/marketing materials with a special emphasis on supporting our growing ecommerce business.
- Partner with lead attorney on licensing, influencer, and promotional agreements.
- Support lead attorney with geopolitical/international product reviews.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years relevant experience in law firm, in-house law department, or regulatory body.
- Associates Degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred; Bachelors Degree also a significant plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and managing risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills and dedication to teamwork; ability to work collaboratively with varied internal partners.
- Flexibility with and curiosity for researching novel legal issues, particularly in emerging global markets.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize substantial and diverse workload and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Experience with licensing agreements, intellectual property (especially copyright and trademark), consumer disclosure regulations, and/or advertising law preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities among multiple collaborators.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.