This job might no longer be available.
6 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated paralegal to support our expanding and evolving operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join Twitch’s close-knit legal team, build relationships with Amazon legal teams and have fun tackling the complex issues faced by our business, clients and communities.
You will have a flexible attitude and seek responsibility in your role. You will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about media, advertising and technology, enjoy being challenged intellectually, and demonstrate good judgment , even in ambiguous situations . In return, you will be offered great opportunities to share and develop your skills in an exciting, high-growth media and technology business.
You will be based at our European headquarters in London and will report to our Senior Counsel. Some international travel will be required.
- Draft and negotiate media and commercial contracts including general services, events, content, talent, marketing, advertising sales and sponsorships, production and creative services;
- Be the main contact for multiple client groups, answering questions about Twitch’s standard form agreements, deal approval matrix, company procedures/policies and “how we get deals done at Twitch”
- support members of the legal team on elements of their projects
- provide legal and compliance support to the Twitch businesses
- research and provide guidance on the applicability of existing and proposed laws, industry codes and regulations;
- Work with Sales, Partnerships, Finance, PR and HR and the broader Amazon Group and collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure client needs are met and to improve processes.
- University Law degree or other university degree + Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). Legal Practice Course (LPC) would be advantageous.
- Experience as a paralegal or contracts manager, working on commercial contracts, managing deal approval flows and taking responsibility for supporting certain client groups
- Good working awareness of legal and regulatory principles affecting media, advertising and technology businesses
- A passion for organisation, including improving processes to scale legal operations
- Ability to juggle competing priorities while also guiding larger projects to completion
- The ability to function as part of an international legal team and to operate autonomously when needed.
- Common sense , enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- In-house experience at a media, video game, advertising or technology company
- Experience designing, adapting and using new processes and systems to build better ways of working as a legal team
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , etc. )
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.