6 days ago
The Paralegal role will help manage and maintain our trademark and copyright portfolio, including by coordinating with internal staff, global teams in Japan and France, and outside counsel. Additionally, the Paralegal role will manage and maintain our contract request and approval process, including managing contract records in the Legal Department’s Contract Lifecycle Management System and obtaining signatures and approvals for various contracts and related documents. This position will report to the Director, Legal & Business Affairs.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and Japanese, and a team player that is able to juggle multiple projects at the same time. The ideal candidate is also passionate about video games and is excited about supporting world famous video game and anime brands.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary point of contact for our headquarters in Japan on trademark and copyright matters.
- Work with outside counsel to manage and maintain our trademark and copyright portfolio.
- Assist attorneys and our headquarters in performing preliminary clearance searches, filings, and prosecution.
- Support company’s IP enforcement program.
- Track incoming and outstanding contract requests, manage and maintain Legal’s Contract Lifecycle Management System, and obtain contract approvals and signatures from relevant stakeholders.
- Create reports, summaries, purchase orders, etc. as requested.
- Perform legal research and other administrative duties in support of assigned tasks and department initiatives.
- Attend and run meetings relating to these activities.
- BS/BA degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience, either in-house or at a law firm.
- Paralegal Certificate Required
- Fluent (high proficiency) in English and Japanese, speaking and writing.
- Solid experience in intellectual property law, including experience with trademark and copyright clearance, filings, and prosecution in the U.S and internationally.
- Solid experience with contracts, including understanding contract provisions and how different contracts, and related documents relate to one another.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication and research skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Able to collaborate with different personalities, cultures, and work styles, across different departments and affiliated companies, as well as externally with outside counsel.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Notary Public.
- Experience at a video game, film, or music company.
- Love of video games and anime.
- Great sense of humor and interpersonal skills (our motto is “More Fun for Everyone” after all).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.