Paralegal, Product Compliance & Operations
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
You’ll work closely with the business and will be a crucial member of the Legal team. You’ll operate independently and build strong relationships with business leaders within the global Legal team. A good fit will be curious and keen to learn and will love technology and being part of a team. You will be joining a well-respected team that covers a lot of ground supporting PlayStation’s business, so this role has great potential for the right candidate to grow their level of experience, responsibility, and confidence.
What you’ll be doing:
Assisting the Senior Corporate Counsel in EMEA on a wide range of matters relating to Product Regulatory, Environmental and Trade Compliance functions as well as working on Commercial Contracts.
Product Regulatory & Compliance:
- researching and advising on matters pertaining to the EU’s New Legislative Framework including interpretation of EU product union harmonisation legislation and rules governing regulatory frameworks such as the European Commission’s Blue Guide Rules;
- advising on key product safety legislation governing PlayStation’s range of hardware products;
- advising on product labelling and information requirements for a wide range of products including textiles, toys and apparel under applicable consumer protection legislation and product regulation;
- working with internal business leaders on a wide range of Environmental compliance issues such as extended producer responsibility, environmental marking and labelling requirements and sustainability reporting obligations;
- reviewing and advising on environmental and sustainability matters such as circular economy proposals and collaborating closely with internal teams to capture feedback on new legislative proposals impacting SIE’s business;
- reviewing and preparing responses to consumer queries relating to our hardware and product warranty;
- reviewing and advising on product packaging and manual requirements for SIEE’s range of standalone hardware, bundles and physical software;
- reviewing and advising on new merchandise concepts for SIEE’s range of promotional merchandise;
- researching and advising on trade and customs classification queries;
- assisting with preparation of binding tariff information applications for SIE’s core range of hardware products;
- reviewing and agreeing terms for representation agreements with SIEE’s authorised customs representatives;
- familiarity with and knowledge of contract process including reviewing, approving, and arranging for signature;
- work on a range of contracts and legal projects including Distribution, Logistics and Environment.
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant Paralegal experience – either in-house or at a law firm.
- Knowledge of Union harmonisation legislation, EU Commission's Blue Guide rules and product safety and consumer protection legislation
- Ability to collaborate closely with members of the Legal team globally to provide practical and pragmatic advice for business leaders in a timely manner.
- Keeping up-to-speed with developments in the law and regulation relevant to the role and sharing knowhow within the global Legal team.
- Strong research and organisational skills and ability to multi-task and optimally assess priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and manage projects from inception through to completion with good attention to detail and in a proactive manner.
- Good communication skills and ability to adjust your communication style to reflect the needs of different internal audiences.
- Willingness to learn new skills, dive into ambiguous issues and situations, requiring you to be a creative problem solver.
- Experience in the entertainment industry and/or with technology and video games is a plus (but not essential).
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.