Paladins - Lead Gameplay Programmer
12 months ago
Hi-Rez Studios is immediately hiring an experienced Lead Programmer to work at our studio on Paladins in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins & Tribes: Ascend,; as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Lead Programmers do:
- Works closely with Technical Director to create & maintain the code base at a set quality and efficiency bar.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the Programming team
- Provides direction & mentoring to the programming team
- Design and architect new game enhancements and implement bug fixes using UE3
- Design and architect other client or server systems as required.
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
Who we are looking for:
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills.
- Proven outstanding debugging and technical problem ownership skills.
- 7+ years of experience with programming for video games, with shipped PC/Console titles.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Experience leading or mentoring less experienced programmers.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Team-oriented, but self-motivated.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable prototyping and working with an iterative development process that changes rapidly.
- Passion for games. Strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
Preferred candidate has:
- A strong appreciation for competitive games and plays them on their free time.
- Familiarity with Jira from a tools perspective.