This job might no longer be available.
Paid Software Engineer Fall Intern (PhD)
10 days ago
Software Engineer PhD Intern (Frostbite Physics) - 6 Months
Electronic Arts -Guildford, United Kingdom
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- You are studying towards a PhD
- Available to commence a full-time, 6-month placement in 2021
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That is why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Frostbite UK based in Electronic Arts Guildford is a growing team that plays a role in providing an outstanding cross-platform physics engine and features that directly inspire creativity in EA's franchises. Following recent success with franchises such as FIFA, Dragon Age, Need For Speed, Battlefield and now Star Wars Battlefront we are inviting applications from Masters and PhD students to join our team as an Intern.
- We are looking for an accomplished and motivated Software Engineer PhD Intern to join our team and engage with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding physics development and performance on consoles, PC, iOS, and Android. You will work on all aspects of software engineering including testing and optimisation but also opportunities to grow your skills with participation
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently study towards a PhD
- You can commit to a full-time paid internship for 6 months (July – December)
- C++ programming experience in games, physics, graphics, scientific or numerical simulations
- Understanding of mechanics, math, and numerical methods