9 days ago
Capcom – creator of franchises like Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney and more – is looking for an eager PR candidate with a passion for video games to join our team. We’re a dedicated, hard-working group that loves what we do and loves the brands we get to work on.
This role will support PR initiatives to help maximize awareness for Capcom’s world-class brands and provide a strong supporting role for the senior members of the team. The PR Specialist will have the opportunity to own campaigns on titles as assigned. This role is an integral part of the larger PR and marketing team, and the individual will be working closely with social media, brand managers, development and other internal teams.
- Develop, coordinate and manage public relations campaigns and related activities that sustain a specific image for our core games and cultivates media support for assigned products.
- Strategize, develop and execute effective communications for assigned Capcom games that cover announcement and post-launch phases for titles as well as ongoing brand visibility.
- Coordinate with pan-western PR, social and marketing teams to ensure alignment with overall brand goals.
- Plan PR roadmaps including schedules and calendars in organized, timely manner. Ensure visibility and status of all activities and results to internal stakeholders.
- Manage press and creator relations including such activities as preparation of news releases, pitching and coordinating interviews between company executives and all types of media (online, streaming, broadcast, print, radio, etc.), creative activations and much more.
- Work closely with product teams to create press kits and manage assets.
- Strong writing with strategic and effective messaging in mind; prepare and distribute documents and statements which are to be made public.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of products at shows, displays and exhibits. Demo games as needed.
- Maintain and expand relationships with a broad range of media and creators.
- Communicate and respond quickly and efficiently to all media inquiries.
- Keep abreast of and report on feedback from media and creators. Collaborate with internal departments to ensure both positive and critical media and creator feedback is assessed appropriately.
- Monitor competitor and broader industry happenings to ensure activities are timely, relevant and adaptable as needed. Recommend and adopt best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Track and evaluate media and creator coverage, providing regular reports and recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with social, marketing, sales, licensing and other teams to provide support for relevant promotions, partner products, etc.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on game builds as needed, keeping in mind potential pros and cons that may come up from media and creators, and flagging as needed to internal groups.
- Oversight of community-related messaging and conversations on assigned titles.
- Prepare and distribute weekly PR reports, manage press site, and provide ongoing administrative support for the department.
- Assist other members of the PR team with related tasks across other brands, as needed.
*Other Duties as assigned
- Familiar with video games and the interactive entertainment industry.
- Approximately 2-3 years of public relations experience in the interactive entertainment industry, preferably with some agency background. Prior game developer or AAA publisher experience a plus.
- Excellent relationships with gaming and mainstream media a plus.
- Experience managing overarching brands as well as individual products preferred.
- Writing samples must be provided to demonstrate style and abilities.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptable personality.
- Creative thinker with a good sense for what will resonate with media and creators; ability and demonstrated background in planning and executing PR initiatives with proven results.
- Proactive, well-organized planner that can work independently to set schedules and manage multiple deadlines at any time.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and proficient with AP style.
- Team player with a fun, can-do attitude that thrives on collaboration and contribution.
- Adaptable and solution-oriented in high-stress situations.
- Critical thinker who can evaluate trends and formulate actionable goals.
- A kind person with a passion for gaming and solid understanding of relevant pop culture happenings.
- Generally strong knowledge of games industry; trends, history, areas for growth.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
Nice to Haves
- Strong familiarity with at least some Capcom brands preferred.
This job may include regular domestic air travel and occasional international travel, primarily to Japan. Travel can be as often as 20% of the time and the applicant must be willing to travel regularly and be prepared to attend and work at a variety of industry events.
Licenses, Certifications and Other:
- A valid California Driver’s License.
- Passport holder able to travel internationally
Ability to lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
This position requires working in an office environment for extended periods of time. Will require maintaining a seated position and typing.
Working Environment: Hybrid In-Person/Online
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.