PR Senior Specialist
1 month ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a PR Senior Specialist, you will have lots of chances to draw a blueprint as the best communicator based on firm and widen media relationships in the public relations & communications team.
Concretely, you will lead the public relations efforts for Riot Games Korea and diverse game products while working with external PR agencies and media. The boundary of media is not limited only to conventional media. You will explore diverse media opportunities including social media, creators, trend media and other channels with a dynamic growth opportunity to overcome many challenges. You will create and execute successful PR strategies that will help deliver Riot’s efforts and stories to more players across Korea.
On the other hand, you will also be given the opportunity to play a role in the planning, negotiation and execution of KR Karma(the KR team's social responsibility project), which PRC also has led.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Establish both short and long term PR strategies including brand vision and value proposition by performing market and customer insights analysis.
- Plan and execute all communications and media actions on all channels, including targeted online/offline media.
- Create and manage local media events and PR promotions to establish and maintain corporate/ product branding that will hit the mark in culturally-relevant ways, especially for the next generation of Korean gamers as well as fans of entertainment content.
- Establish and use KPIs to consistently improve coverage performance and brand value on a regular basis.
- Manage the PR roadmap based on relevant publishing plans, and align them with cross-functional teams in Korea and Central key stakeholders.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experienced : you ideally have 7+ years of related experience or deep knowledge of communications.
- Bilingual (English speaker) : you are fluent in English and Korean with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- Creative story teller : you have the skill and the passion to craft compelling, authentic, and fresh narratives for gamers. You’re a great storyteller, you know which channels are the best option to captivate your audience.
- Gaming & Entertainment market knowledge : you have deep empathy and insights for the wants and needs of the next generation of audiences entering the market.
- Autonomous: you don't need to be given continual direction and know how to manage yourself; you're meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results.
- Player-focused : you are a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of entertainment & gaming in Korea; you are ready to put your extensive entertainment & gaming experience to work and build PR initiatives that the Korean audience wants to see.