11 days ago
SEGA OF AMERICA – EMEA TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO SENIOR PR MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA of America is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team based in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else the EMEA Team look after SEGA’s Japanese and ATLUS studios.
This role is based at SEGA’s European Head Quarters, based in West London where you’ll find a diverse range highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of ice cream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA of America EMEA Team, this role is expected to take the lead on allocated titles and manage appropriate projects and events.
The role will work closely with the respective brand teams and the SEGA EMEA team to represent and promote SEGA titles and products utilising our network of international distribution teams and PR agencies.
- Play a key role in the development, refinement, and implementations of PR plans with SEGA’s distribution network and PR agencies
- Be the first port of call for UK gaming media and international media. Keeping media lists up-to-date and your finger on the pulse with regards to movers and new media in the industry
- Work very closely with the Product Managers, Community Manager, and Sales team to maintain a synchronised team approach
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Brand and PR teams to ensure timely asset delivery, code distribution and successful feature pitching
- Work closely with European distributors, partners and agencies to ensure timings and assets are scheduled to secure maximum coverage for each title
- Play a key role in the planning and organisation of press events (UK and EMEA) for titles where required
- Pro-actively compile coverage reports with support of analytics to ensure internal communications remain strong and informative
- Use a combination of coverage data and creativity to come up with innovative ways of securing coverage that keep our communications fresh and interesting
- Work closely with the Community Manager to enhance relations with key influencers
- Assist the wider Marketing Team with the organisation and implementation of key consumer and trade events across EMEA
- Play a key role in the day-to-day management of PR agencies and distributor PR teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Ideally you would have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a PR or Comms role within the gaming industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication is essential; a 2nd language would be a real plus (esp. Japanese)
- Project management & PR planning experience including event logistics
- A passion for and understanding of gaming; ideally JIP
- Strong problem-solving skill and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a small team and a willingness to learn and take direction.