Cary, NC United States of America
5 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Marketing at Epic
What we do
We deliver the most innovative gaming experiences possible to players across the world. Whether through community outreach, world-class events, or partnership integrations, the Epic Games Publishing and Marketing teams seek to surprise players with new experiences every time they drop in to play.
What you’ll do
We are looking for creative problem solvers who can move as fast as our product teams. In this position, you'll be asked to partner with cross-functional groups across the organization including Development, Product Management, Creative Services, User Experience and more. We are looking for individuals who are innovative, organized and have exceptional communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Help develop an overarching PR strategy and targeted plans based on Epic’s business objectives
- Craft stories and tailor them to focused audiences to deliver value and build affinity for Epic Games
- Manage agency resources to develop stories and key messages, pitch media, build and edit press materials, distribute news, monitor results and analyze coverage
- Direct communications with enthusiast gaming, mainstream, and technology outlets, in a fast-paced environment
- Conduct media training, reviewing and approving external announcements
What we’re looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for games and an up-to-date knowledge of industry news and trends
- Credible relationships with journalists and industry peers
- Familiarity with the vocabulary and high-level process of game development and business
- Organized, flexible and able to work with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with PR services and tools, from contact management to content deployment and results measurement
- History of successfully developed strategies to achieve PR objectives in previous role(s)
- Previous PR work with leading developers, publishers, platform holders or technology providers
- Secured meaningful top-tier media coverage on behalf of employer/client
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!