9 days ago
Job Title:PR Manager
Activision Blizzard is looking for a PR Manager to lead Activision Publishing LATAM communications and community engagement through conversation and creative storytelling. The person who will succeed in this role has a self-starter attitude, demonstrating both traditional and non-traditional approaches with press and influencers for Latin American markets. The person is a diligent multitasker, who can work with a data-driven focus. They will coordinate closely with international teams and cross-functional partners. Critical thinking, familiarity with the latest communications techniques, and the ability to advocate for communications needs to partners across the organization and cross-functional ideation are vital.
- Develop Activision Publishing communications strategy and plans for the LATAM markets, reporting directly to the Vice President of PR for Call of Duty and the commercial business leader across LATAM
- Serve as the primary PR point of contact for internal and external partners across Latin America
- Work together with local franchise managers to build communications plans that are aligned with local publishing and brand strategies
- Manage and partner with LATAM PR agencies for creative executions, program management and reporting duties
- Drive positive media relationships; and provide counsel for press opportunities, including larger trend/feature stories
- Cultivate positive local influencers relationships; and provide counsel for influencer marketing opportunities, including evergreen content and key beat content
- Compose accurate press and public-facing materials and communication messaging
- Work closely with the internal influencer, owned social media, and esports leads to ensure efficient communications and executions
- Partner with cross-functional regional and global publishing teams to transform goals into strategies
- Manage PR-related analytics by creating, maintaining, and delivering coverage reports, recaps, and executive summaries using data-driven insights
- Lead discussions and executions on local achievement communication timing and strategy, coordinating across departments and regions
- Potentially travel domestically and internationally
- A minimum of 5 years of PR communications experience; experience in games and/or entertainment is preferred
- Strategic problem solver with a media relations and influencer marketing background and proven placement results
- Able to identify and prioritize news opportunities to deliver a balanced brand conversation
- Able to compose and edit a variety of creative, business-oriented, and regional-based communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, and multi-task on multiple levels
- Highly meticulous and driven to consistently meet timelines
- Great teammate, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy
- Able to work with other teams to complement and support plans and objectives and resolve how plan fit the bigger picture
- Crisis-management experience; providing strategic insight on how gameplay experiences will impact global audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or equivalent work
- Personal experience with tracking and reporting platforms
- Diligent, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to fluid and last-minute changes
- Solid understanding of influencer marketing as well as VOD platforms and streaming networks.
- Fluent speaker of Portuguese or Spanish (both are a plus)
- Sophisticated communications in English
- Experience in managing PR professionals
- Experience working in a global, multicultural environment
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Call of Duty, the video game industry, and its media landscape
- Deep knowledge of LATAM social media landscape.
- Having strong relationships with LATAM gaming press and content creators
Activision Blizzard is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.