This job might no longer be available.
1 month ago
Ubisoft, a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide, is currently seeking a paid intern for its San Francisco Public Relations department. The program will run for three months and candidates can expect to work between 30-40 hours a week
This person should be highly motivated and well-organized, with an interest in content creator strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and quickly make themselves an integral part of the larger public relations team. Duties will vary greatly on a daily basis and will include: building upon and expanding our content creator program, management of key contacts database, coordinating event logistics, drafting external communications, analytics & reporting on news cycles, staffing events, research projects and more. This person will collaborate closely and communicate with both internal and external contacts.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on, practical experience and learn the necessary skills to succeed in the interactive entertainment industry. Interns will learn about the multiple facets of public relations in a creative, dynamic and challenging environment. Discover the ins and outs of the video game industry and video game PR with a high-performance public relations team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform administrative and clerical duties including research projects, media database management, physical inventory and product mailings, and collect and prepare press clips and coverage reports
- Email and telephone contact with members of the editorial community
- Provide logistical and live support for industry events and ensure that both external attendees and other PR team members have the resources they need to meet their goals
- Work with Ubisoft’s analytics team to help drive comprehensive recaps of press and content creator program; an emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative will be key
- Work as part of a team to help manage, grow and facilitate meaningful conversation with content creators, including but not limited to content creators on video and streaming platforms including YouTube, Twitch
- Draft and oversee key communication material for press and content creators, including: pitch letters, launch program material, reviews material, event invitations, and asset delivery
- Maintain an up-to-date database of content creators by conducting ongoing research and continuous evaluation
- Bring a creative and fresh perspective to existing programs—not only run with programs that exist, but recommend additions, changes and tweaks to make programs run more efficiently and effectively
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Knowledge and interest in video game industry highly desired
- Familiarity with PC applications and public relations tools: Microsoft Office Suite for Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CisionPoint Media Database, etc.
- Can motivate and build trust with others both internally and externally, as well as organize and prioritize projects & tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quickly assimilate corporate administrative procedures
- Previous work in a public relations/marketing communications role in a PR agency, in-house marketing department, or related marketing environment preferred
- Familiarity with content creators, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitch
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join a great place to work and shape the future of games. Join us and create the unknown.