This job might no longer be available.
Technical Operations Release Manager
Redwood City California United States
6 months ago
PLM Technical Operations Release Manager
Main Purpose of the Role
The PLM Technical Operations Release Manager is an essential part of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) function for delivering EA’s franchises to market across all packaged goods, digital & mobile platforms. As a member of PLM Submissions, you will be responsible for program managing the delivery of content materials for EA’s products to our channel partners, including First Party platform holders (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo), EA’s Origin PC platform and latest platforms (Steam, Epic, Xcloud) and digital re-sellers. They also maintain the daily relationship and communication with the First Party Account Management teams to guarantee the release of EA’s content plan.
The role works very closely with the PLM Franchise Leads to set the plan with Studio and Publishing for content required for submission to support each product launch. The role partners with important teams (PLM Franchise Ops, Studio/QA, Digital Sales/Marketing and Asia Ops) and essential external Platform Partners to ensure product delivery with Real-time Operations (RTO) and comprehensive configuration plans to provide the set up and go to market strategies, adhering to timelines that meet the PLM Franchise Operations schedule. You will ensure alignment across the department for process, product and people.
The role partners with EA Compliance and Certification groups as part of the submission process and works with key teams (PLM Franchise Leads, PLM Digital Publishing, RTO, Studio/QA, Digital Sales/Marketing, and Asia Ops), to ensure content submission and approval timelines meet EA’s Title Plan schedule.
The Release Manager is also responsible for leading the education, development and promotion of external platform tools and systems required to successfully deliver the set up and submission to First Party platform holders (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic and others). The role partners closely with EA Studios to ensure accurate set up of content with our platform holders and provide advice and platform guidance to the Commercial and Publishing organisation.
You will establish processes for the training and development of the Technical Operations team(s) and RTO to build expertise of our platform partners’ processes, best practices for issue management, and technical knowledge to ensure our team are equipped to communicate and give the requirements expected across all products.
The PLM Technical Operations Release Manager is part of a motivated team that provides cross functional and cross regional support to deliver coverage across time-zones. The role requires expertise on their assigned platforms and is the contact for the business, working closely with the wider PLM department colleagues in different time-zones to ensure coverage for projects is suitable in US, European and APAC Standard time zones.
- Program manage the submission process to coordinate, communicate, and logistically support submission activities to the assigned portfolios of First Parties (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo), Origin and the Age Ratings bodies, ensuring submission packages are of the highest integrity and punctuality.
- Work directly with Franchise Operations Leads on assigned franchises for process, tools and longer ranging scenarios that impact the submissions process
- Program management for roll out and implementation of new First Party and other external platform partner submission tools e.g. Microsoft Partner Center
- Maintain a complete understanding of all product schedule considerations and needs on a global scale. Proactively engage with studio personnel, PLM Franchise Leads and EACC to establish First Party submission schedules.
- Partner with and Program Manage Real Time Operations team in EA Romania and EA Hyderabad to ensure all activities supported by RTO are working effectively, resolving issues and escalations raised by RTO team as appropriate
- Creation and configuration of First Party & Platform Partner offers – full game, DLC, Beta, VC, Subscriptions etc. and communicate First Party IDs to relevant internal parties.
- Provide knowledge and support to Studios to increase their understanding of the submission process, configurations, and requirements
- Partner with Franchise Operations management team on platform configuration support for each Studio/Franchise plan
- Manage key process documentation process and ensure it is up to date on Confluence and fit for purpose, including reference documentation needed for EA Studios in order to promote consistency and integrity of platform requirements, including the Technical Map
- Ensure all Global Operations tools and documents correctly reflect the content IDs and Platform Partner information as it pertains to product set up and configuration
- Participate in regular planning meetings, edition planning readouts with external platform partners and internal MPA teams and Studios
- Scenario plan and inform external and internal partners on what can/can’t be done for each configuration and determine what the final suggested implementation should be
- Relationship owner for First Party and other external platform partners, BizOps, Store Ops and Configuration teams, both with the actual configuration set up as well as future franchise plans and strategies
- Maintain effective, productive, and professional relations with First Party partner contacts (typically Release and/or Account Managers). Ensure constant communication in both directions, facilitating the needs of both parties
The PLM team is a dynamic part of the business where there are peak periods of activity therefore it is necessary that this individual has a flexible approach to working hours, including weekends.
The taking of extended annual leave during these certain periods is limited.
You should have relationship management skills,, and the ability to work collaboratively with all partners. You should also have strong account/project management skills, be able to understand business strategy and technology, ability to influence and negotiate and have the ability to bring team to success.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills.
- 2-3 years’ experience in product submissions, software configurations, platform setups
- Previous experience working in remote teams, ideally with experience of working with a remote manager
- Previous experience of working in a multi-cultural/sited environment; directly and indirectly managing a culturally diverse team of 5 or more people
- Expertise with Office productivity tools (i.e. MS Office, GSuite, Slack, etc). Experience working with databases and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Knowledge of the technical requirements of at least one console/gaming/retail manufacturer and associated tools/portals
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to building mutually beneficial relationships with partners
- Experience with high levels of multi-tasking and prioritizing in a consistently fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Excellent personal organization and work ethic