This job might no longer be available.
PLM Mobile Franchise Operations Manager
Guildford England United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Mobile Franchise Operations brings EA franchises to market globally across mobile platforms, ensuring fulfillment of all channels, and includes ongoing operational support of live service. All elements associated with publishing a game will be covered, including pre and post-launch live service releases of EA franchises. We ensure the delivery of the company-wide portfolio plan and product data calendars.
We maintain the Franchise-wide publishing and editorial calendar, ensuring the dates reflect the current status of product and content delivery and editorial support. We deliver the mobile game franchises, new and live service product fulfillment and ensure availability of products and product betas on the Apple, Google and Amazon storefronts. This role, and the team, is the source of the company-wide ‘plan of record’ for product delivery.
You will be experienced in product delivery. You will work with at many levels across publishing, franchise and corporate to ensure that product delivery processes are met and status is understood. You will help develop new product delivery processes and changes to keep up with evolving requirements.
What the Mobile Franchise Operations Project Manager does at EA:
Deliver the Global Product Release Schedule of an assigned portfolio of EA franchises
- Publish product schedules and delivery plans globally
- Ensure all aspects of product release and subsequent live service releases are delivered
- Manage product delivery relationships, ensuring partnerships with game team, business, technical and QA partners globally to ensure smooth product delivery and ongoing support
- Negotiate ‘traffic control’ of important product dates across franchises, according to our priorities and operational goals
- Assist leadership in running bi-annual franchise planning sessions, to lock dates for 12-month roadmap plans
- Consult with franchise partners, offering operational guidance and introductions to appropriate internal partners on a situational basis
- Maintain roadmap and associated ops data within project tracking tools to support product release schedules
- Manage MTX item process, including tracking of MDM item numbers
- Ensure data is updated on time
- Work with HD FPMs toward process and toolset alignment across platforms wherever possible, sharing examples and suggesting efficiencies/improvements from Mobile to HD, and learning from existing HD processes
- Conduct ongoing audits of processes and communications to capture changing requirements and ensure the highest quality work product
- Help develop tools and trackers to best support our tracking and reporting needs
Manage relationships with internal partners to ensure franchise delivery
- Maintain open, honest, regular dialogue to promote trust and understanding
- Identify opportunities to assist with operational efficiencies and communications with First-Party operations teams
- The role is global and will require collaborate with North America, Europe and Asia studio partners, with regional sales and publishing. This will mean working into the evenings and early mornings and occasional business travel to maintain important studio and partner relationships.
The next great EA Mobile Franchise Operations Project Manager needs:
- Good experience of mobile product releases and understand video game development
- Build positive business relationships across global partner teams
- Work unsupervised across multiple time zones
- Worked and delivered on complex projects or product launches
- Experience working without direct ‘same site’ management
- High level of productivity
- Value working with the wider picture
- Flexible; comfortable in environment of constant change
- Creative solutions provider
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!