PHP Technical Lead
Bucharest Bucharest ro
7 days ago
Your main mission
The IT Department of UBISOFT is looking for a Technical Lead to join a team responsible with designing and developing back-end solutions for the E-Commerce ecosystem.
You will be part of a multinational team which develops and implements innovative global solutions that are the backend of all Ubisoft’s sales channels – web, in-game, in-store. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way, from best industry experts, on both on technical and business side.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate the development activities within his scope: technical design, software development activities, unit testing, technical documentation, release processes, monitoring & performance management;
- Be the expert on the applications that are assigned to you and assist the developers that work on those projects;
- Propose technical solution and be involved in the R&D process on new technologies that will benefit existing tools;
- Communicate ideas, issues, status, and outcomes with the team and managers;
- Assist in promoting a positive engineering and team culture;
- Provide technical and functional guiding to team members;
- Be responsible of code review for the developments done by other developers and ensure all the guidelines are respected, keeping a high-quality code.
What you’ll bring as experience
- University graduate with 5+ years of experience developing in PHP (recent PHP7 and Symfony experience required) within professional IT environment;
- Extensive experience of developing object-oriented PHP applications;
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony);
- Experience with unit/functional testing frameworks (PHPUnit, Behat);
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices;
- Possesses strong knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the application;
- Strong knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Experience in database architecture and design (MySQL);
- Basic knowledge of PMI/Scrum methodologies;
- Knowledge in working with cloud services (AWS).
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work;
- Ability to work as part of team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Ability to multitask and smoothly transition between tasks across multiple projects;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume , highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.