PHP Solutions Architect
Montreal QC ca
10 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our IT Department. As part of our team, you will define and deliver solid and thoughtful architecture of custom services for Ubisoft’s e-Commerce platform.
The role, you will play a key role in ensuring that the new functionalities implemented meet the best practices in the industry and will support the business growth and objectives.
You will actively interact with the business community and technical teams communicating trends and standards regarding architecture.
As the PHP Solutions Architect, your main responsibilities are to:
• Work on key systems like payment gateway, fraud & tax services, subscription services, in-game store and integration with business critical systems like CRM, Order Management System and other;
• Keep up-to-date with latest technical trends, propose and conduct R&D projects that would beneficial to Ubisoft, act as a technical evangelist to spread knowledge;
• Encourage adoption of new tools/practices within the development teams located in Bucharest and Montreal;
• Design performant, highly scalable and reliable solutions based on the stakeholders’ requirements and industry best practices;
• Establish, recommend or modify current policies and standards where applicable;
• Resolve architectural and design problems, and address other concerns as necessary;
• Participate in defining client requirements, assisting internal customers to express their needs;
• Be an active contributor of technical best practices, code and development standards and ensure their adherence within team;
• Implement Software development best practices where needed such as technical test plans and test cases;
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
• 10+ years of experience in building web applications and services
• Experience with PHP;
• Design experience with REST APIs ;
• Cloud platform knowledge (AWS);
• Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration platforms;
• Expertise with large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments, scalable systems and understanding of messaging (pub/sub, queues), caching, authentication;
• Expertise with writing efficient MySQL queries and the ability to find and fix slow queries;
• Disciplined approach to design and coding – Solid Object Oriented programming (OOP) as well as Test Driven Development (TDD);
• Autonomous and collaborative within a team;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Organizational skills.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
- Please note that the offices are located at 405 Ogilvy Street (across from the PARC metro station).
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in Montreal, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.