2 days ago
The role @ Sumo
We want to find an experienced leader in the game development business who can bring strategic value to our partner relationships and continually improve the experience and processes around sourcing, qualifying and onboarding partners to enable Sumo Digital to deliver its roadmap and to have options for new business and growth. You will lead and develop a team to provide solutions and account management for all the development teams at Sumo.
Within your new role your key responsibilities will be:
- To manage a roadmap of actual and potential external requirements across Sumo, aligning with other internal resourcing solutions to understand and provide options to the business.
- To own and evangelise the outsourcing process and experience for internal clients and external providers, reducing friction, increasing buy-in and increasing value for both sides.
- Work to focus Sumo’s spending in the right places, encouraging the right behaviours for our business
- Create a scalable account management function, focusing on high value partners and highly distributed game studios – while providing an appropriate level of relationship management to less active participants.
- Manage key strategic vendors with a view to high volume partnerships or high quality partner teams.
- Lead and develop the outsourcing team, translating complex business drivers into behaviours, attitudes and priorities.
- Own and communicate a view of market forces in the games outsourcing market, particularly regarding supply and demand, availability costs and maturity in disciplines.
- Creating an appropriate and nuanced level of cost control and negotiation smarts in the team.
- Represent the business and business values internally and externally.
Your secondary responsibilities would be:
- Get hands on with day-to-day outsourcing activities, particularly at peak times or to provide coverage when needed. Be an active leader, not a remote manager.
- To create best value from travel, shows and other expenditure
- Maintain strong relationships with studios and key influencers
- Keep abreast of development best practices, particularly with a view to remote work and outsourcing and bring them into the business
- Support the Outsourcing managers in delivering coherent onboarding and selection processes particular to each discipline.
- Over time, align the studios on appropriate development best practices to create a similar outsourcing lifecycle
To be successful you will:
- Be highly responsible, self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to a creative environment.
- Have a working knowledge of cross discipline game development practices and processes across all disciplines. Ideally with a history of senior roles on game teams.
- Have had successful experiences delivering large game projects with a significant outsourcing component.
- Have outstanding organization, communication and exceptional management skills/leadership.
- Technical knowledge around systems, software, spreadsheets and the demonstrable ability to use data to make decisions
- Demonstrable commercial knowledge, relationship management and service delivery skills.