Outsourced Art Manager
16 days ago
ART OUTSOURCE MANAGER
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is looking for an experienced art outsource manager with a good eye and a technical knowledge to focus on the management of art assets produced by our vendors. This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to help establish a new model of game development. You will report to our team's Art Producer.
Who you are:
You are focused, with a strong attention to detail. You know the ins and outs of developing a variety of types of content and how they incorporate it into a game. You are self motivated, and able to work independently when needed. You are ready to be the gatekeeper for our external vendor work and your artistic eye is tuned to ensure that our vendors deliveries are of the highest quality possible. You enjoy working closely with Art disciplines to develop guidelines and packets for our vendors to follow, and working with production to ensure that everything is delivered in an appropriate timeline. And you are the driving force on improvements to these workflows and first line of contact with the daily vendor relationship.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will report into the Art Producer and work in close collaboration with the Art disciplines, design, tech art and our vendors.
- Conduct regular reviews and send feedback on the art and technical quality of vendor submissions.
- Partner with the discipline art lead ensuring briefs for our vendors are created and delivered.
- Train vendors on our best practices and unblock their workflow issues.
- Work with partners to ensure on time delivery and high-quality of art assets.
- Update our tracking software with estimates of assets and delivery dates based on information from our vendors. Keep our dashboards and pages in good standing to our projects schedule.
- Partner with the Art Producer to ensure the vendors are hitting their performance targets by conducting monthly reviews on deliveries. Report any issues that need immediate attention.
- Transfer final outsourced assets into our in-house engine
- Identify risks associated with meeting project milestones
- Work with the Art Producer to manage and document the status of outsourced art assets.
- Organize and prepare asset packets for the external team.
- Prescreen visual quality of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
Your Background Includes:
- 3+ years of experience in game art asset creation in different software packages including Maya, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop
- Have shipped AAA PC, console or mobile titles as an outsource manager
- Strong character, and environment modeling experience
- Self-driven, customer-focused
- Experience creating style guides to be used by vendors
- Experience with game production process, end-to-end
- Experience working with a range of partners
- Experience with Unity
- Experience managing multiple assets in different states of completion.
- Experience with RTS games
- Experience in free-to-play games
- An avid gamer is a plus
- Remote work experience
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and portfolio, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and collaborate with thousands of outstanding developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.