Outsource Supervisor, Illustration
1 month ago
Job Title:Outsource Supervisor, Illustration
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Our Hearthstone Outsource Team is looking to add to their party an Outsource Supervisor excited to help facilitate in illustration and curation of artwork. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual’s many talents and creativity will help contribute and maintain the high-quality bar that is Hearthstone’s visual representation. Collaborating with art, design, and the best illustrators in the business this artist will be key in supporting exciting New Ways to Play. You will also work closely with the Outsource Managers and Producers on day-to-day tasks and together as a team on new initiatives. If you are excited about every day being different, love learning new pipelines, and enjoy new challenges we would love to chat with you!
- Work closely with the external team of artists and teams to art direct illustrations, give timely and concise feedback, and provide paint overs to ensure high quality final assets.
- Work with art and design on paint overs and implementation of game ready assets.
- Closely work with the Outsource Managers and the design team on preparation for art assets for our external team of artists.
- Onboard new external artists and give guided direction to maintain the look and feel of Hearthstone’s visual representation.
- Help tackle day-to-day requests and in-game bugs as they arise.
- Work within Unity to finalize in-game assets for card art and facilitate the review process with stakeholders.
- Tackle new challenges from a fast-paced development environment with ever-changing daily tasks.
- Understanding of Hearthstone’s visual style and whimsical take on the Warcraft IP.
- Self-motivated, collaborative and analytical as it relates to pipelines and tackling unique daily tasks.
- Able to work quickly and comfortably within a production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work within a team with an eye to improve the player experience and game itself.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide clear feedback.
- Engine experience, such as Unity, and a drive to problem solve when given unique bugs or tasks.
- Familiarity with the Warcraft Universe and Hearthstone.
- Strong foundational skills in traditional artists included but not limited to traditional or digital painting and illustration.
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery and storytelling.
- Previous game production experience.