Outsource Manager (Technical Specialist)
4 days ago
The role @ Sumo
We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated and production focused Outsource Manager. You will help build relationships with our teams, existing external partners and new partners. The Technical Specialist is expected to with a background in Software Engineering or other related technical fields.
Within your new role your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with internal teams to understand their current and future requirements around resources.
- Engage with our current vendors, particularly ones that we want to develop, to understand availability, opportunities and challenges and help them understand what we need.
- Identify and qualify potential new partners and build a portfolio that gives us coverage and depth across the disciplines and expertise that the studios need now and in the future.
- Work with the teams to ensure that they have created an environment where partners will always be set up for success throughout the lifecycle of the relationship.
- Ensure delivery of the current project, but also think ahead and retain key talent working with our business.
- Represent Sumo development us and our mission: We pride ourselves on being good partners with a passion for delivering great games with great talent.
Your secondary responsibilities would be:
- Gather knowledge from internal and external sources how to constantly improve distributed game development.
- Coordinate with the team on addressing vendor gaps, training requirements and specific work needs.
- Help facilitate the transition of people between different studios.
- Improve our cross departmental processes to minimize friction and help constantly improve the end-to-end experience for everyone.
- Improve our data around outsourcing, capturing and presenting key information, work in our CRM system and streamline reporting and metrics gathering.
To be successful in your new role you will need:
- Industry experience at multiple game/entertainment/media studios.
- A technical background and relevant technical academic qualifications.
- Strong knowledge of the outsource market with a network of established relationships.
- Previous experience evaluating and determining outsource vendors and the relevant due diligence.
- Demonstrable experience of project management, business development, relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in game production design process and methodology
- Effective communication skills, particularly an ability to understand how to communicate with different people, cultures and agendas and bring them together.
- Experience in contract negotiations, onboarding and development lifecycle best practices.