Outsource Manager – Art Content
1 month ago
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from our London studio.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018 & 2019 and 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are hiring an Outsource Manager with IP management experience to join the Art team for our Action Strategy Group at NaturalMotion.
As an Outsource Manager, you have a passion to work with external studios, be in charge of writing work briefs, handling the art assets and the relationship between NaturalMotion and the External Studios.
You balance production tracking and feedback for many assets at once, you’re organized and meticulous. You are easily able to handle scheduling and hold external studios to the guidelines set out for them. You are able to maintain scope within allotted budgets. Communication is something that comes naturally for you.
You’re able to translate sophisticated ideas into meaningful feedback. You pro-actively seek to strengthen communication channels between internal and external teams. You are able to take the vision of the art director, help in the creation and maintenance of style guides, and communicate the vision externally.
You have an excellent eye for art fundamentals and are able to call out technical errors, inconsistencies, and provide artistic feedback to external studios. You use your previous art experience to help set and maintain experienced technical and artistic benchmarks for 2D and 3D assets.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience of successfully handling outsourcing in the games industry.
- Experience of working with AAA 3D asset pipelines.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills – The Outsource manager is in charge of giving feedback notes from the Art Director and other key partners to the External Studio. Feedback is generally given visually with written support.
- Strong understanding of all areas of 3D asset creation across disciplines- Character, Environment, Soft + Hard surfaces.
- Writing work briefs for vendors
- Collating and handling extensive references, concepts, mockups, and other resources for work briefs.
- Team-player – RFPs may contain animatics, storyboards, and technical information from other subject areas, necessitating that the Outsource manager not work in a vacuum.
- An excellent understanding of the Office / Google suite of tools
- Experience of bug tracking and project management software such as Jira / Hansoft etc
- Experience using version control systems such as SVN or Perforce.
- Experience of using project management and scheduling software.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- A passion for Star Wars
- Unreal engine experience
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.