Outsource Lead, Hard Surface
26 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Outsourcing Lead to support and supervise creative content provided by outsource partners. Reporting to the individual art lead(s) and working with the Outsource Manager, the outsource Lead will provide front-line creative feedback for work submitted for Epic review.
Though the role will be mainly supervisory, the individual should be an experienced artist, having worked in game studio pipelines before, and have a solid hands-on art background.
The ideal candidate would be a talented artist who is able to communicate with outsource partners, including documenting existing pipelines, collecting or creating quality bar and technical example assets, collecting photo reference, creating asset blockouts, creating simple blockout paint overs, and finally packaging all files to send off to the external artists.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the individual Epic Art Leads, Outsource Manager(s), and artists on the team to ensure assets have all the information they need when they are sent out to the external teams.
- Collect or generate detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- If required, making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and technically game ready as they’re handed off from the outsource partner.
- Clearly communicating feedback to the outsource partner, and ensuring those creative notes and goals are met. Informing leadership in the event that isn’t happening.
- Communicating and partnering with internal Epic art staff ensuring outsourced assets are ingested into the pipeline and engine correctly.
What we're looking for
- Experience in shipping AAA titles across multiple platforms.
- Experienced shipping production assets for games in either environment, character, weapon, or concept disciplines
- Experienced in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance, etc.
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player.
- Must be a clear and concise communicator, able to deliver complex creative feedback across external vendor locations.
- Experienced working within a team and a high pressure production environment
- You’re user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$133,200 — $195,300 USD
California Base Pay Range
$117,200 — $195,300 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$111,900 — $183,600 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.