Outsource Artist (Hard Surface)
9 days ago
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Outsource Artist to join our talented development team! We are based in Seattle (Kirkland), but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast. This position will focus mostly on Hard Surface content (Weapons, Vehicles, Items and Props) but we are a small team that wears a lot of hats, so occasionally collaborating on characters and environment art from time to time may be required.
As an Outsource Artist, you will develop, review, approve, optimize and integrate assets being developed at our world class partner outsource studios. You will be working in Maya, Substance3D and Unreal Engine 4.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome. If you are passionate about beautiful games, enjoy developing in UE4 and have a great portfolio, we'd love to hear from you!
Areas of Impact
- Provide feedback, review, approve, optimize and integrate art assets in UE4.
- Create benchmark quality art assets and document best practices.
- Solve a wide array of visual, technical and production problems as needed.
- Work closely with many disciplines on a small, nimble and highly experienced team.
We'd like to hear from you
- Recent experience creating high quality game art assets in Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience in a variety of 3D Software packages such as Maya, Blender, Substance, Marmoset and Z-Brush.
- Attention to detail and beauty as demonstrated by a world class portfolio.
- Experience teaching and prior relationships with outsource studios is a plus.
- Outstanding written, visual and verbal communication skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.