Organized Play Associate - Premier Events
3 days ago
The Premier Event Coordinator supports Organized Play and Esports programs across several product categories. This position ensures the successful scheduling and production of Premier Events with a focus on the European market. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, of Global Premier Events and Esports, this role will handle contracting, budgeting, event scheduling, competition support, and project management for European Regional and International Championships.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee Premier Events in Europe including Regional and International Championship events.
- Lead cross functional teams to plan and execute event programs for multiple products.
- Plan event asset and material requests, track production, and ensure delivery to global event operators and tournament licensees.
- Track and generate regular reports on tournament activity, experience, quality, and vendor performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the development and implementation of internal and external policies.
- Oversee budget and contracting for tournament organizers, licensees, and vendors as needed to facilitate Premier Events.
- Ensure Premier Event information is communicated effectively to key stakeholders and external vendors.
- Manage small-to-large projects related to Premier Events to meet business needs.
- Continually develop ways for players to engage with Premier Events including new programs, activities, and event schedules to ensure a positive event experience.
- Oversee and provide support for online tournament operations and other Premier Events as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 2 years of experience in current Organized Play programs/Esports/sports offered in the marketplace (TCG/Video Games) required.
- Experience managing tournament and event productions including contracting for production vendors, staffing, and tournament license negotiation.
- Expert knowledge of event competition show flow and common tournament formats including single elimination, double elimination, swiss, round robin, and multi-phased events.
- Expert at juggling multiple projects, scheduling tasks, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience and flexibility to work in an environment of rapid change.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD programs like SketchUp or Vectorworks a plus.
- Existing knowledge of the Pokémon brand, and Play! program a major plus.
- Existing knowledge of Microsoft Project, Workfront, JIRA, and Sharepoint a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership. You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Professional Know-how: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. This role works under the US Studio team and therefore is expected to work later hours to collaborate with the US team. Core work hours are expected to be 11am–7pm. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion. This position will require occasional domestic and international travel (15%), and an ability to work weekends and evenings as need to support long (12+ hours) event days.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a work visa.