This job might no longer be available.
Organised Play Manager, UK & Nordics
5 months ago
We’re looking for an experienced organised play manager to level-up our strategy in the UK and the Nordics. Based in Reading - and working with the brand and community teams - you will build relationships with tournament organisers for amateur competitive events in PC cafes, schools, universities, not-for-profit events and one-off grassroots tournaments.
You will cover League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra and upcoming products. You’ll oversee local amateur tournament events and work with third parties to provide a fantastic player experience. You will report to the Senior Publishing Manager.
- Build player-first amateur competitive strategies for all games in cooperation with the brand, community and influencer managers to build a seamless experience for players;
- Align with Rioters in similar roles globally and locally to ensure there is visibility at a regional level and a high-quality bar for events across all of Riot;
- Manage relationships with vendors, tournament organisers and third-party organisations (includes tournament backend, sign-up processes, toxicity checking and prize-giving);
- Negotiate and implement contractual mechanics that solidify accountability, demonstrate commitment and fosters mutually beneficial relationships;
- Encourage and deepen publishing support to grow awareness and keep players engaged, informed and excited;
- Identify and commit to clear KPIs for amateur tournaments in the region and provide concise reports to help us adapt and determine best practices.
- 2+ years working in competitive product management (experience in online / offline event production is an advantage);
- Strategic approach is a must: you can talk us through a time when you’ve set a clear vision and translated it into practical, tactically complex situations;
- Understand how amateur competitive vision can contribute directly to the growth and sustainability of our games, their communities - and affect player happiness;
- Experience working across different teams, disciplines and communication styles;
- Can discuss terms that benefit players, our partners and our portfolio.
To succeed in this role you’ll need a collaborative mindset that prioritises player experience and happiness. If you are excited about player journeys, esports events, and have a high-quality bar you’ll fit right in.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Open paid time off
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Gym allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Travel Allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!