Principal/Lead, Optical Systems Engineer, Calibration & Verification
Plantation, FL, United States
16 days ago
The Principal/Lead, Optical Systems Engineer, Calibration & Verification, will be responsible for designing, implementing and verifying calibration and system performance verification algorithms/processes for a variety of hardware platforms composed of advanced display components and multiple sensors (cameras, IMUs etc ). The role will report into the Optical Engineering department.
- Design core calibration algorithms for advanced optical systems, primarily in Matlab/C++.
- Plan and conduct experiments to validate the novel calibration processes.
- Research on on-line calibration schemes to handle environmental perturbations like ambient temperature drift, mechanical shock, etc.
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize system end end performance related to display, perception and handheld control tracking.
- Build tools and infrastructure for efficiency improvement and support both software and hardware product advancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the calibration and system verification processes for factory production.
- 7+years of optical engineering experience
- Experience with OpenCV or Matlab calibration toolbox.
- Familiar with typical calibration flow: image acquisition, processing, 3D projection, model fitting, etc.
- Experience with deep learning models and training processes.
- Have basic knowledge of geometry and diffractive optics, understands polarization control.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma statistical tools, which help to identify and solve issues
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and teamwork discipline are also required.
- MS in Optics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Ph.D. is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.