Ops Associate & Community Coordinator
11 days ago
Does your skillset resemble a swiss army knife where you can jump in and pick up brand new challenges quickly? Is your phone constantly blowing up with notifications from all the discord servers you’re active in? Would you be excited to learn about and help on the operations side of a studio (recruiting, finance, HR etc) while helping grow our game community from scratch? Sound like you? Then awesome! This role is a great opportunity to learn about game development and business operations while flexing your social media and community management skills.
- Assist the team with day to day responsibilities as the studio grows such as:
- Recruiting - screening resumes, and doing preliminary interviews
- Sourcing - outsourcer contracts, swag(!), office supplies etc.
- Finance - keeping us on track of payments, benefits administration etc
- Managing our community discord as it grows, facilitating conversation and engaging with players
- Facilitating playtests with external players as we move through various stages of development of our ongoing titles to help validate directions
- Establishing and growing our social media presence across relevant platforms, becoming a voice and face our players can grow to learn.
- Taking part in our team playtests and providing feedback to the design team.
- 1+ years experience working in a professional capacity in social media management, content creation, or in operational roles such as recruiting and HR.
- A growth mindset - you’re excited about context switching frequently and getting ramped up on new challenges quickly.
- Experience managing an online community on discord, forums, other other social media platforms.
- Generally tech savvy - we’re a game company after all and almost everything we do is online in some way
Essential Teamwork Skills:
- Effective working autonomously. We’re still small, but even as we get larger we don’t plan on having someone look over your shoulder every day; we want you to feel comfortable allocating your time wisely and making good on your commitments.
- Strong analytical skills that aid in understanding and articulating what makes games great.
- Excited to work as part of a small knit team, and your teammates are excited to work with you.
- Genuine ambition and excitement to rise to the challenge of trying to help us take on the titans of the industry.
- A passion and love for games.
Things you don’t need:
- A fancy big name studio on your resume. We care far more about your personal competency and potential, not where you’ve worked.
- A degree (unless needed for immigration) - some of the best creatives we’ve ever worked with never finished school.
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you and your family will be covered by OHIP.
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries (benchmarked to Canada) that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul.
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out.
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to the be most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen - and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we feel in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics - and are excited to try to build a world class studio with an awesome team...a team that you could be a part of!