This job might no longer be available.
5 months ago
About the Position: Manager, Operations
The Operations team plays a pivotal role in planning & executing on company-wide business initiatives. The Manager -Operations role entails solving complex problems, collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver results, and influencing and enabling business leaders.
Operations projects are very diverse and can range across: business planning & strategy, improving business processes, talent & recruitment strategy, conducting industry research, improving P&L performance through revenue & cost led initiatives, capacity planning, working with external partners, planning & executing company events, driving compliance with global regulatory requirements and a lot more.
The role provides immense exposure to different facets of building and scaling up a consumer internet business from strategy, to marketing, technology, people, operations, finance, through to execution. As well as opportunities to work with and learn from experienced industry leaders, learn the ropes on managing a large organization, and shape a business that delivers delight to millions of consumers globally.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Business Planning: Work closely with Game teams & Studio leadership, HR and global teams to effectively Strategize, Plan, & Execute on the Studio’s AOP & Workforce Planning strategy. Own the process end to end from planning to data gathering, reconciliation, consolidation and preparation.
- Business Reviews: Prepare Studio & Game level updates for management reviews at regular intervals.
- Budgeting: Effectively manage the budget for the entire Studio. Work with various teams and functional councils to understand their needs, prioritize and work towards closure.
- Drive Diverse Projects: Drive short & long-term projects to deliver tangible results. Coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders to execute on projects.
- People Strategy: Work closely with Studio leadership, Game Teams and HR on recruitment prioritization, talent planning and growth.
- 2-5 years in Business Operations, Strategy and/or Project Management.
- MBA from top tier B-School with a strong understanding of business, finance & marketing; Experience in Consumer Internet / Gaming / Entrepreneurship / Entertainment / Technology / Consulting industries is preferred.
- Results-driven with outstanding attention to detail. Strong planning, coordination and problem-solving skills.
- Strong individual contributor with ability to lead multiple small projects simultaneously while being hands on in driving execution.
- Comfortable in working across diverse projects that require understanding of multiple business functions & complex concepts.
- Strong partner management capabilities – a great teammate who can build relationships and work cross-functionally with people across Management, HR, Recruiting, Finance, Art, Product, Engineering, Production, Design among others.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to highlight trends and help build presentations that share learnings or implement improvements.
- Proficiency in Excel is critical, along with strong PowerPoint skills.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!