20 days ago
Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio where our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What We Need
Reporting to the Global Director of People, you will oversee workplace experience and operations in our Brighton office.
This is a new role, and we need someone who can bring their experience and knowledge of what good looks like to make the role their own. Aligning our workplace operations with a relentless focus on employee experience and balancing the needs and objectives of the studio to support us in hitting our goals.
As a key member of the People management team, you will need to be a confident leader that can manage, guide, and develop others. You will be providing support, direction, coaching and feedback to a team of two; our Workplace Manager & Workplace Coordinator, whilst also working closely with other members of the People Team to collaboratively ensure an exceptional employee experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define operational priorities in line with studio objectives.
- Collaborate with SLT on Capex, IT, software, and security strategies.
- Develop and manage the local Capex and IT budgets with the Finance Director and other members of the SLT.
- Work with the Finance Director to track and control the local Opex budget.
- Lead Brighton Capex, IT, and software projects to ensure timely delivery.
- Collaborate with IT teams to identify, implement, and maintain essential studio software.
- Responsible for adherence to 2K security protocols for both physical studio spaces and digital assets.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Lead and develop the operations team.
- Identify potential challenges and implement risk management strategies.
- Work with the local leadership to plan and execute studio and project events.
- Ensure operational workplace best practices.
- Overall responsibility for on site Facilities and associated planning
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure we showcase our Workplace Experience, utilising social media and our website
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that Hangar 13 and 2K never use instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.