Operations Manager, Strategic Growth
The Strategic Growth Initiatives (SGI) team within EA brings focus to the long-term growth opportunities for the company . Through programs and opportunities such as Competitive Gaming, Asia expansion and growth, content/game partnerships like EA Originals, and platform services like EA Play, the teams within Strategic Growth operate with an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented mindset to invest in and accelerate the future of gaming.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Operations, Strategic Growth
As part of the Strategic Growth Initiatives (SGI) team, you will manage the business rhythm of the team. All groups within SGI (EAX, Competitive Gaming, Asia & EA Partners) rely on the delivery of other EA teams - across marketing, analytics, publishing, studios, consumer experience and central technology to name a few. In this role, you will need to support, track and ensure delivery of projects, programs and goals. This requires an understanding of EA and appetite to lead with influence and a comfort level working with SGI leadership on strategic initiatives .
- Manage and continuously improve the Management Operating System (MOS) for SGI.
- Schedule, ID agenda topics, run meetings, track actions and maintain momentum.
- Develop & implement a cadence to operational updates / external partnership updates for SGI Exec Leadership.
- Manage and continuously improve the resource management process for SGI.
- Partner with Finance to ensure management to plan, identify opportunities to improve and provide data to support resource and prioritization decisions.
- Develop and manage the SGI portfolio of work.
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities within SGI and with key partners.
- Central tracking & SGI Exec reporting of all major product and software delivery milestones across all key projects.
- Partner with diverse business partners to create a delivery framework for SGI.
- Lead the annual planning/goal setting process for SGI. Includes management and reporting at the Executive level.
- Partner with EA’s Corporate Communications and People Experience teams to improve SGI communication streams including Town Halls, Executive Leadership meetings, newsletters, websites and Slack channels.
- Lead other operational initiatives as assigned by the Senior Manager of Business Operations.
We recognize that capabilities come from many sources including formal and informal education, job history and lived experience. However, the below qualifications will be an asset to you in this role:
- Experience in program or portfolio management
- Enjoy working with and continuously improving frameworks/process flows
- Understanding of project and program management best practices
- Experience partnering with operations leaders
- History of leading change across teams through collaboration and consensus building
- Experience managing diverse stakeholders on a global scale
- Understanding of organizational change management
- Experience in game development