This job might no longer be available.
Operations Finance Manager
6 days ago
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This role is pivotal in ensuring that the routine processes of the core finance team at Jagex run smoothly, and our month end reporting is consistently well executed and delivered on time. Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting & Control, this role will manage all Sage transactional accounting activities with particular focus on revenue reporting and the Accounts Payable function.
This role will also work closely with the Head of Group Reporting, delivering a completed trial balance for Jagex Ltd in line with the monthly timetable.
Key Duties Include:
- Leadership and Management
- Responsible for the training, management and oversight of two AP clerks
- Maintaining high standards of work with superb attention to detail and a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems
- Build and maintain strong lines of communication with the wider Jagex functional teams to ensure that the finance team is both visible and aligned with business activities
- Communicate clearly and frequently with the Director FR&C and Head of Group Reporting around changes to the Sage chart of accounts, one-off transactions and treatment of exceptional items
- Operations Finance
- Run the month end close process in line with timetable, leading the daily month end check-in meetings at each month end and providing early warning of any potential risks which could lead to delays
- Prepare the monthly revenue journals for review based on data received from the payments team and ADSE, ensuring the deferred and accrued income balance sheet reconciliations agree to underlying support
- Ensure the Purchase Ledger is closed and reconciled on a timely basis, with line-by-line supplier reviews and supplier statement reconciliations carried out on a rotational basis to be agreed with the Director FR&C
- Preparation of VAT returns for review by Head of Group Reporting & Director FR&C with supporting checks and trend analytics
- Maintain a schedule of prepayments and accruals and update as required at each month end
- Support the Director FR&C and Head of Group Reporting with audit queries as required
- Experienced accountant with strong hands-on experience in general finance and running a small team; the role would suit either a full or part-qualified accountant either CIMA, ACCA or ACA. Level 4 AAT candidates may also be considered, depending on experience.
- A desire to set and maintain high standards of financial reporting and GL integrity
- Proactive and self-motivated with a genuine drive and commitment to identify opportunities to change and improve processes
- Strong communicator who knows when to escalate potential issues
- To behave always in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams, and work requirements.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.