10 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an Operations Engineer to join our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins, Rogue Company, and Realm Royale as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Operations Engineers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Work independently and as part of a team to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues with systems, software, and related infrastructure.
- Responsible for provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Updating and maintaining deployed software versions of our game across the fleets of servers.
- Consider the best security practices throughout all aspects of the infrastructure and willingness to work with the security team to deliver secure solutions.
- Proactive system monitoring, alerting and maintenance.
- Hardware and software performance analysis and tuning.
- Collaborate with other IT team members and customers throughout the business on incidents, support requests, projects, and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with software engineers to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of custom server software and infrastructure.
- Produce Method of Procedures that demonstrate an understanding of changes proposed and how the change will be executed with minimal service impact.
- Ensure that all of our game services are responsive and scalable while maintaining performance and cost optimization.
- Participate in weekly or Bi Weekly on-call rotations.
- Quarterly Check-Ins with their Manager, with little oversight.
- Focus on work with a large degree of independence, while finding solutions to improve the operations experience.
- 2+ Years of Admin and Software experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education strongly preferred.
- Experience managing AKS environment or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Windows and Linux infrastructure administration.
- Skilled in network fundamentals, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to excel in a time-sensitive, fast-paced, 24/7 environment.
- Desire to do what it takes to get the job done and help the team and the business succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Ongoing software version deployment experience.
- Database management and basic SQL skills.
- VMware and other virtualization platforms.
- Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- SALT experience.
- Zabbix and Grphanna experience.
- Cisco or Juniper network technologies and firewalls; familiar with ITIL practices and procedures.
- Any relevant certifications