Operations Engineer Student Worker
Vilnius, Vilnius County, Lithuania
2 days ago
Unity is seeking a junior operations engineer (student worker) to join our Production Engineering Operations team. The Operations team works with engineering teams globally throughout Unity to assist them on any incidents or problems they face with their services. We will work with service owners to resolve the issue and are investigating and deep diving issues to work out the root cause. Our vital team is here to ensure that Unity services receive the highest level of support to run smoothly.
During times of no incidents we are working to build tools and improve processes to help the team be as effective as possible. We are also managing regular internal support requests. This is a possibility for you to be part of a brand new team. You can learn how to have an impact by participating in defining processes and tools from scratch.
- Being part of the first line of defence for Unity services by participating in triaging and remediation with Service Owners and Site Reliability Engineers
- Working alongside with Site Reliability Engineering teams and developers to ensure the tools and documentation to work with services is up to date and usable
- You should currently be studying in a relevant subject such as computer science or other IT related degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and customer oriented mindset
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time independently and efficiently as well as ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, Linux systems, Docker and Kubernetes
- Willingness and flexibility to work changing shift patterns including weekends and public holidays
- Curious mindset towards problem solving.
- Knowledge of any cloud provider, such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.