Operations Engineer Intern
6 days ago
Job Title:Operations Engineer Intern
Ops Engineering Internship
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Interns will be required to be onsite at the Demonware Vancouver office following the team's work schedule (hybrid, 3 days a week), a relocation package may be offered depending on eligibility.
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our franchises. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world’s biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are a technology company and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
Big company, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Some of the technologies we use are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day to day basis, and interns have a huge impact on what we do . We’ve had interns contribute code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
We’re open to work terms of 8+ months. If you just graduated, we still want to hear from you!
The CloudEng team is responsible for all things private and public cloud at Demonware . We architect, build foundations and on-board other engineering teams onto the public cloud, we manage and maintain our on-premise private cloud, and we offer services to enable Demonware developers to build “cloud-ready” game services. We deal with low-level kernel tweaking, we develop self-serve tooling to support massive-scale deployments, and we build standard processes into everything we do.
- Learning to implement foundational infrastructure (DNS, identity/authentication, Artifact management, etc )
- Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems
- Finding opportunities to automate time-consuming, manual work
- Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Excitement to learn about operations
- Debugging and analytical skills
- Strong communication of technical concepts
- Linux fundamentals
- Familiarity with scripting
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
- Knowledge of networking technologies (e.g., TCP, UDP, DNS)
- Experience diving into code to understand how it’s supposed to work -- and why it doesn’t
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Please apply on the Demonware website: submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your most recent school transcripts. You will also have to complete a short assessment related to your knowledge of operations.
In your resume and cover letter, please list any additional experience you have. This could be a project you are working on with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, an interesting school assignment, or any open source involvement. Please include any links to your code repository and/or blog.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply