Open World Designer - Vicarious Visions (Diablo IV)
11 days ago
Job Title:Open World Designer - Vicarious Visions (Diablo IV)
The minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us to help develop the next diablo game!
The Vicarious Visions team is looking for an Open World Content Designer who has an interest creating compelling scripted content to help bring the world of Sanctuary to life as never seen before.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implementation of fun new events and open world content
- Creation of and general maintenance of documentation related to open world content
- Technical implementation and maintenance of existing event and open world content
- Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content
- Level or Map design experience
- Working with text-based scripting languages such as Lua to author game content
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of isometric ARPG gameplay
- Strong understanding of open world gameplay
- Ability to work with other disciplines such as engineering and art to support and deliver polished game content
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Experience using Lua as a scripting language
- Previous design experience for ARPG / Open World / Multiplayer games
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the dark fantasy of Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work
B lizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.