Open World Designer - Project Curie
11 days ago
We're the Curie Team, and we’re creating new magic. Interested in joining us in building a new world of adventures? This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of building a next-generation MMO from the ground up!
We’re looking for an Open World Designer to join our team and bring our immersive, inclusive world to life!
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience in crafting worlds collaboratively
- A drive and desire to design with cultural diversity in mind
- Open World level design experience
- Under the narrative, art direction, and gameplay needs to produce an environment design on a large scale
- Experience with procedural generation is a plus
Here are some of the skills we expect you to wield in your day to day tasks:
- Draw Maps
- Block out areas in Unity
- Model greybox architecture and landscapes
- Consult with Gameplay and Narrative about their level design requirements
- Iterate on level design in response to gameplay testing and design feedback
- Build tiles to be used by procedural level generation
THE MISSION FOR THE TEAM
This new game is something totally different, so the team that builds it really needs to be daring, driven, and keep our values close to heart. We all need to be good collaborators and communicators.
We know that we will test early and fail fast to iterate and find our groove. We will be open to feedback and let our audience grow with us. We know when to ask for help and how to share our knowledge with others. And we do know that at this stage, perfection is the enemy of success.
To help you during this journey you will have a whole company with many years of experience and support functions. You’ll join our growing team in shaping the vision and bringing this new product to life to delight new audiences.
We’re happy to relocate the right teammate to Stockholm to work with us!
Together, we can build something truly magical. We can’t wait to see your application!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.