2 days ago
When you’re an Online Programmer at Ubisoft, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
As an Online C++ Programmer your missions will be to:
· Develop online features, monitoring and operation solutions for Ubisoft’s video games;
· Create, optimize and maintain online services and integrate them with video games and of build related web tools that are used for the game’s development, monitor and live operation;
· Leverage your tech skills to build scalable and reliable solutions which offer the best experience for millions of players
· Stay up to date with the latest advances in your field and you will evaluate internal or external technologies to find the best fit for your project
What it takes to make it:
- A postgraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ professional programming experience preferably as an online service of full stack web developer
Experience in the development REST APIs
Strong working knowledge of C++
Experience working with cloud providers (Google Cloud, AWS, OpenStack, Azure etc.)
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis or similar)
- Knowledge of DevOps & automation oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with engines or production tools: Unreal Engine, Unity, other is a plus
- Knowledge of version control (Git), CI/CD (Gitlab)
General and soft skills:
- Ability to understand and account for user needs
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team
- Fluent in professional, written and spoken English
- Good communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!