Online Technical Lead
9 days ago
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
Job Title: Online Technical Lead
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
As a Technical Lead for the Online team, you will be part of a team designing, building, and operating live projects reaching millions of players across the globe.
The role has a major emphasis on architecture, implementation, communication, and leadership.
If you want to have a positive impact on millions of users, you have a passion to build and optimize web applications to achieve a rich and fluid interaction and you are interested in joining a dynamic and creative company: we have the right job for you.
The main and routine tasks of the Online Technical Lead are:
- Organize and lead the team of online, backend, and frontend programmers.
- Gathering & “negotiating” clear requirements and specifications for features.
- Providing best estimates of tasks required to deliver the features.
- Writing technical briefs.
- Guiding the team implementing critical/sensitive sections of major online features and components.
- Create, prioritize, assign, and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work on the deliverables.
- Support production team planning and scheduling work.
- Supporting, challenging and building consensus on design directions/decisions to ensure they are viable from an online perspective.
You will be accountable for:
- Features complying to agreed design
- Delivering adequate documentation (confluence) with new systems/features
- Guide, coach, and support (operation, troubleshooting, tools, workflow, data reviews, etc.)
- Code quality: practice code/design reviews and share best practices
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong experience in backend/online (C# and .NET core)
- Proven experience leading a team
- Robust experience of building microservices
- Experience of working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of working on any front-end technology (React, Angular, etc.)
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies (Amazon Web Service (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership and Managerial courage
- Ability to work as part of a team or as an individual contributor
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and delegate
- Familiarity working in a Dev-Ops environment
- Knowledge of CI/CD frameworks
- Time and priority management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in organizing work
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Stress and change management skills
- Sense of initiative
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.