Online Software Engineer - NHL
20 days ago
We are looking for an experienced engineer or someone interested in expanding their knowledge in the Online area. Our Online engineers develop and extend features in the game to facilitate a more connected and socially interactive game experience. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who is excited to use their talent and experience to build AAA quality games. You will report directly to the Technical Director and Development Director.
As an NHL Online Engineer, you will:
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Do full stack development working on both game client and backend services.
- Work with Designers, Artists, and Engineers from other domains.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialogue to be considered.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, client/server, peer-to-peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of database technologies.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to Have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with networking protocols, client/server, peer-to-peer, multi-threaded architectures.
- Experience with real-time game networking.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Linux, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).