This job might no longer be available.
Online Software Engineer - EA Sports FC
19 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning a new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we aim to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere. With more opportunity than ever to create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for EA SPORTS™ FC. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- You will develop technical solutions for online game features.
- You will do full stack development working on both game client and backend services.
- You will work with Designers, Artists, and Engineers from other domains.
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- You will iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows.
- You will work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- 3+ years of experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- 3+ years of experience with 3rd party APIs.
- 1+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- 1+ years of experience of real-time game networking.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux.
- 1+ years of experience with Visual Studio and knowledge of the debugging tools.
- 1+ years of experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- 1+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
US Compensation and Benefits
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
Base Salary Ranges:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- California (depending on location e.g., Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $125,050 - $191,050
- New York (depending on location e.g., Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $113,900 - $191,050
- Colorado (depending on location e.g., Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $113,900 - $154,950
- Jersey City, NJ : $113,900 - $191,050
- Washington (depending on location e.g., Seattle vs. Spokane): $113,900 - $179,300
- Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.