This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer III
16 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning a new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we aim to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere. With more opportunity than ever to create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for our NHL franchise. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Do full stack development working on both game client and backend services.
- Work with Designers, Artists, and Engineers from other domains.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- 1+ years of experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- 1+ years of experience with 3rd party APIs.
- 1+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- 1+ years of experience of real-time game networking.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux.
- 1+ years of experience with Visual Studio and knowledge of the debugging tools.
- 1+ years of experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- 1+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.