Online Services Software Engineer - F1
20 days ago
Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years. We're a world-leader in the development of racing titles across studios in the UK and Malaysia. We've been creators and guardians of some of the most adored titles and are proud to be the home of the official games of FORMULA ONE.
Ask anyone in Team Codies what the secret to our success is and they'll tell you it's about the people; the creativity; the vision; the tech and the family: One Codemasters. We've reached where we are today by raising the game, empowering people and sharing our passion to make the greatest racing games in the world.
The Formula One team's software engineering experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of developing technical solutions to feature designs. As an online gameplay engineer, you will help bring the vision of the games' ongoing evolution to life.
- You will develop technical solutions for gameplay features based on Online Services
- Implement our client-side of Online Services systems
- Work with the backend Online Services team on data design to support game features
- Work with the design team to evaluate designs for Online Services related technical requirements and opportunities
- Contribute to backed Online Services development
- Be involved in feature development estimation and reporting to the team
- 2+ years of C++ software development within the games industry
- Understanding of client-server-based services architecture
- Experience with asynchronous programming methods and multi-threaded code environments
- Use network messaging and data transport mechanisms
- Familiarity with relational database technology and data design in a games development context
- Write clear and maintainable code based on good software engineering practices
- Solid games industry track record, such as previously published products
- A passion for and commitment to a career in games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- C#, ASP.Net, Redis, MS SQL Server
- Console development experience