Online Services Programmer Internship
11 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is looking for an Online Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2022. Working on our Online Game Services team, you’ll be supporting a multitude of systems and features for our Engine and Games.
If it’s an online game feature, we touch it. Epic engineers wear many hats. As an intern, you are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Working closely with the Online Gameplay Services team (OGS) by architecting, developing, and maintaining shared online gameplay technology.
- Contributing to the online systems and toolsets used by licensees in the Unreal Engine as well as online features and services used by Fortnite and other games at Epic
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges from initial concept to final shipped code
- Computer Science degree or related discipline required.
- Analytical thought process and strong problem-solving skills are strongly desired.
- Demonstrable proficiency in object-oriented programing, C++ required.
- Familiarity with Java as well a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking, REST, distributed systems, and back-end services required.
- Demonstrated interest in online multiplayer games, and interest in games as a service a plus.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine is strongly desired.
- Tech portfolio with evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment, or demonstrable game/feature strongly desired.
- We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.