Online Recruitment Drive :: Lead Programmer
6 days ago
About the Organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
Job Title: Lead Programmer
**Note**: Final Designation / Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development.
- Determine the technical needs for the team to work on a project assigned or third party middleware.
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify area of improvement.
- Encourage team to create a strong technical document on different development platforms/consoles.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project.
- Identify risks involved with the development of games and provide solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Provide estimate time to complete programming task/objectives and be committed to meet them
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience of programming in C/C++
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a team lead
- Experience in Unity game development and passion for games.
- Very strong skills in C, C++ and Object Oriented Programming.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Should be familiar with performance bottlenecks and ways to resolve them, multi-threading, OS concepts, System programming, Optimization etc.…
- Very strong debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Problem-solving and open minded.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt new technical changes as per project need.
Good To have:
- Experience working on Unity Engine.
- Preferably worked on any game console or iOS/Android
- Knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX and Physics Engine.
- Knowledge of Networking API
- Strong command on 3D maths and physics
- Passion for Gaming!
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.