19 days ago
As an Online Programmer, you use your network programming skills to connect players around the world. Using your knowledge of web and cloud technology, you work on core solutions used by game productions around the world; multiplayer systems, game server systems, and more. You partner with game designers and developers to help them innovate and leverage opportunities in the online space. You work at the forefront of the future of gaming.
- Participate in the creation of new online services related to a game or game service
- Develop, integrate and maintain global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participate in determining systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Network optimizations: minimize bandwidth usage, decrease latency, etc.
- Implement replication strategies and leverage existing replication systems
- Support existing functionalities and systems
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge – you remain calm when facing challenging situations. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback relying on your great communication and interpersonal skills. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. Attention to detail is one of your strengths and you’re passionate about problem-solving. Besides the above we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with the C++ language
- Knowledge of cloud native technology like Kubernetes, microservices, and/or devops/CICD
- Understanding of scalability issues and replication concepts
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more .