14 days ago
Sharkmob is about to embark on a new journey for our studio with the upcoming release of Bloodhunt. Its online capabilities are a core part of the game experienced by players worldwide.
We are looking for a person to join our online team who wants to have fun at work, share ownership, and make a significant impact on our work. We value collaboration skills and making smart decisions while still having the support of the team if things don't go as planned.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled engineers working together to realize new features for our game and enhance existing features while still working on our long-term goals such as:
- Excellent development tools and environments
- Smart, simple and scalable solutions
- Lean and fast development with as much automation as possible
- Modular and isolated systems to ease improvements and enhancement
Your work will cover a broad spectrum, from the frontend in Unreal Engine to backend services in C# and infrastructure in Google Cloud. Your daily tasks will include design, scoping, planning, implementation, debugging and ultimately delivering robust, secure and scalable solutions for our players.
- Professional experience with C++ and/or C
- Engineering degree within computer science, or equivalent
- Experienced with cloud providers such as Google Cloud, AWS or Azure
- Experienced with databases and database design with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experienced with API design
- Experienced with network and server programming
That Little Extra:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Experience with game development and working with first parties
- Experience with live services
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.