Online Programmer [Rainbow Six Siege]
Mainz RP de
6 days ago
The Online Programmer is responsible for developing in-game online services using both existing Ubisoft online infrastructure, as well as Rainbow Six-specific infrastructure, working together with game designers, UI front-end programmers and systems programmers and the Ubisoft Online Technology Group.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing the interchange of data between players and the server/services/game, ensuring an unobstructed online experience for all players.
- Providing access to the online architecture to presentational programmers.
- Assist in the development of innovative solutions to enrich the online gaming experience of players.
- Program and optimize systems, such as storefront data and player progression systems.
- Work with surgeon-like precision and care, on our live systems and frameworks.
- Continuously work together with architects and technical leads on identifying and improving existing systems.
- Continuously work together with designers and technical leads to identify new opportunities.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any relevant qualifications with a strong technical background
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong C++ skills
- Excellent communication and good English skills
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of game development process and practice.
- Experience in on-demand cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/etc)
- Strong Python proficiency is a plus
- Proven leadership and coaching skills is a plus
- Expertise in online test framework and architecture
- You are hard-working with a focus on quality
- You are enthusiastic of finding new opportunities, and you drive for change.
- You are strongly co-operative; you work together towards the best result imaginable.
- Asset: You are enthusiastic about your field(s) of expertise, and are action-oriented towards your work.
What we want to offer you:
Our recipe for international success is a blend of diversity and a pioneering spirit
Boldly challenging the status quo, our teams bring tons of experience to AAA games across various platforms and love to develop cutting-edge technologies. Looking to innovate game development in a diverse, fun and collaborative studio? Join us.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and mainz.ubisoft.com
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative products, we are looking for an Online Programmer.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Mainz.